VIRTUAL & IN-PERSON SESSIONS
At-home or in-studio
Private and semi-private sessions allow students to receive individual attention, address specific injuries or “tight spots”, learn the basics of yoga, or deepen an already existing practice. The beauty is that students do not need to rely on a studio schedule which can be tricky in our busy lives. Denise will travel to your home or can book space at a local yoga studio. If working in home, students will need a yoga mat, 2 blocks, and a strap.
What to expect:
- customized sequences to suit your level, injuries, and aspirations
- lots of hands-on assists to help you feel into parts of your body that you may not be accessing
- pose modifications for injuries and limitations
- gain confidence to practice in a group setting
- advanced students will be challenged to feel more deeply in their poses
- you will feel supported, encouraged and more willing to take on change in your life
Virtual sessions are the most effective way to establish a consistent yoga practice. With no commute time it’s easier to fit a practice into your busy schedule. Denise has been teaching virtual sessions for over 7 years and is skilled at setting up technology so that students have clear instruction and visibility of poses. Even over a screen she is able to read your body mechanics and offer ways to help reverse repetitive movement patterns that may cause pain or injuries.
“I’ve been a yoga student for more than 10 years and a teacher for 5. Every class I take with Denise, I learn something new or unlearn ways of practicing that no longer serve me. Another thing I appreciate are her clear and concise language because it allows me to focus on the present, which gives my brain the opportunity to reset.” – Ivette
Denise has an uncanny ability to sense exactly what movement my body needs on any particular day. I have been working with Denise for over 10 years and after every single session, I feel more grounded and revived. Through her gentle yet encouraging instruction, my mind/body connection becomes evident and the effects are invaluable. – Robyn S
“The first time I met Denise was through her voice. I was practicing her online audios, the chakra series, and having so many breakthroughs that I said to myself it would be better to contact her in some other way …and I did…That was the starting point of my healing journey with my instructor, Denise Hopkins. The Skype classes also empower me as student, to listen carefully and to do my own adjustments. So when she is not around I am still “in charge” of my practice. I am very proud of having her in my life…She teaches me so many things…
- As a teacher you do not need to do fancy yoga poses for your student to have breakthroughs
- My voice can heal someone…because hers heals me…
- Frustration can become exploration
- I can adjust any pose to do it doesn’t matter what injury I have
- Asking her, doesn’t make me less knowledgeable. It makes me a bigger person because I can give more to myself and others
- I need more time in some sequences, because my body and my Spirit need time for themselves
- The Universe will provide me and I do not need to exhaust myself
I’ve been taking class with Denise for the last 7 years — both in person and virtually. Denise has been a supportive teacher no matter what state I was in. I went through a major illness and serious wrist injury which required surgery during my time with her. As a long time yoga practitioner, both times I came upon physical hardship, I worried that I would have to stop practicing. Although I did have to pause practice for short periods of time, Denise helped me find my way back with a practice that met me where I was at. She always takes the time to get to know what her students are dealing with and find customized modifications for them. With Denise as my guide to Forrest Yoga, I’ve grown so much deeper in my practice both physically and spiritually. Denise and Forrest Yoga have really helped me unlock access to deeper breath, a stronger core and relief of chronic pain and tension.