Our spine, back and neck muscles can sometimes feel like a reflection of our life- over worked, over burdened, and fragile. When pain in the body manifests and sticks around, it’s commong to become frustrated and feel victimized. In order to heal our pain, we must begin to change our attitude and take a nurturing approach towards these areas that are crying for attention. Our breath is our #1 line of support. Learning to breathe into pained places, changes the patterns of constriction and hardening into patterns of spaciousness and freedom. Layer by layer the shielding dissipates making way for stuck tension and emotions to move.
Forrest Yoga is known for its precise abdominal work. Weak abdominals and injured lower backs usually go hand in hand. Core strength along with a strong connection to the pelvis and legs are crucial for an injury free life.
In this intensive class you will:
- Practice using your breath to bringing feeling into numb areas of your back
- learn tools to traction out your spine
- learn strengthening moves for the upper back, middle back and low back
- Build a stronger connection to your pelvis, legs and feet (the foundation below your spine)
- do lots and lots of abdominal work
OPEN TO ALL LEVELS
*Workshops must be paid in full at time of reservation and are non-refundable. Bend & Bloom credit is available for cancellations with at least 24 hours’ notice.